Mom has a chance to change her meds. She’s skipped about a week of Tarceva to regain some energy. That stuff really tires her out; she’d been taking it 7 days / week lately. But that could change if she decides to go ahead with the med change.
However, it means she must go in for a biopsy to determine if the new meds would be suitable for the type of cancer in her lungs. One doctor says there is a 5% chance (one in twenty) that should would not come through the procedure. Pneumonia or infection could set in. This initially scared Mom, and she decided, “No way” would she go through this.
Even then, they still have to test if the meds will work well on this cancer. They’re thinking that the cancer may have morphed into another type and that this med would be of more benefit.
But upon reflecting on all of this, she thinks she’d like to talk with her regular doctor, Dr. Oviatt, about this. Her next appointment is Nov. 28th. I’ll keep you posted.